Are apple seeds poisonous? You know what they say, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!” But what if you accidentally ingest the seeds? Could your apple end up sending you to the doctor? Their seeds are full of certain natural chemicals that are toxic to people and animals. Apple seeds contain amygdalin, which is a substance that releases cyanide as soon as it mixes with digestive enzymes. And what about other shocking facts about some of your favorite foods?
For example, if you’re planning to bake a cake flavored with nutmeg powder, go easy on this ingredient. If you add more than 3 teaspoons of the powder, you risk getting mild hallucinations. Besides, your limbs may start to warm up all of a sudden. But that’s not the worst part. Severe side effects take place 30 minutes to an hour after you’ve consumed too much nutmeg powder. They include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. In the most extreme cases, people may have problems with their heart and nerves.
Large quantities of apple seeds can be poisonous 0:48
Nutmeg can cause hallucinations 2:23
Brown sugar is no healthier than white sugar 3:06
Palm oil isn’t that bad for your health 4:09
Coffee is the world’s greatest source of antioxidants 5:14
Most “wasabi” you eat is actually horseradish 6:14
The expiration date on your water bottle isn’t what it seems 7:06
Honey has an eternal shelf life 7:45
Ice cream contains seaweed 8:43
#appleseeds #poisonousfoods #palmoil
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Apples, just like almonds, peaches, and cherries, belong to the rose family. As such, their seeds are full of certain natural chemicals that are toxic to people and animals.
– You’ve probably heard that brown sugar is preferable to white sugar because it’s the healthier of the two. Unfortunately, in most cases, this is a mere marketing ploy. Brown sugar is usually just regular table sugar that becomes brown when molasses is added to it.
– Palm oil is a super fatty oil that increases cholesterol levels and raises blood pressure. As a result, people who consume this product in large amounts are at a higher risk of having a stroke or developing heart disease.
– Antioxidants are extremely important for your health because they protect your body from aging and serious illnesses. Surprisingly, coffee contains huge amounts of antioxidants, like polyphenols and hydrocinnamic acids.
– Most “wasabi” you eat is actually horseradish. Chances are that you’ve never actually had real wasabi. The thing is that real wasabi, which comes from grating Wasabi Japonica root, isn’t common outside of Japan.
– The expiration date on your water bottle isn’t what it seems. The expiration date you see on a bottle of water isn’t about the water; it’s about the bottle itself.
– Honey is a very acidic product. With a pH between 3 and 4.5, it can kill literally anything that tries to grow in it. Even if some brave bacteria manage to settle down in a jar of honey, their life expectancy is really short.
– Some manufacturers use carrageenan in their ice cream production, and this substance is made from particular kinds of red seaweeds. Carrageenan is added to ice cream to keep the ingredients together and make the texture better.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: