How to tone you up your body in just a month? I’m sure you’ve heard it all before. “Planking is a full-body workout!” “You can totally transform your body in less than 5 minutes a day just by planking!” Well, I’ve definitely heard it plenty of times, so I finally decided to try it out for myself. Here’s what happened when I did the 30-day plank challenge.
I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with my weight. I’ve always had a couple of extra inches around my waist that I was not opposed to getting rid of. So, like a lot of people, I turned to the Internet for some quick weight-loss options. That’s when I came across this article about the 30-day plank challenge that’s supposed to tone you up in just a month. I was like, “Ok, let me get this straight. All I have to do is just one quick exercise a day to get my dream body before it’s time to flip the calendar? Umm, yes please!” And that’s when my experiment began…
The first week 1:30
Week 2 2:07
Week 3 2:40
Week 4 3:25
Was it worth it? 4:39
What really surprised me 5:28
Things you need to know 5:58
What about your diet? 6:36
Don’t forget about your doctor’s permission 7:22
#plank #planking #fullbodyworkout
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Everything was pretty chill for the first week. I planked for 20 seconds on the first 2 days, for 30 seconds on days 3 and 4, and for 40 seconds on the 5th day.
– On days 7 and 8 of my experiment, I held a plank for 45 seconds. On days 9, 10, and 11, my goal was to do it for at least a minute. And that’s when my confidence kinda faded.
– On day 14 I planked for 100 seconds, and on day 15 it was 110 seconds. My core was quaking like crazy, and my eyes were glued to my phone, waiting desperately for the timer to hit zero.
– After a little rest, I perfected my 2½ minute plank on days 20 and 21 and challenged myself to a 3-minute plank on days 22 and 23. It was around this time in the experiment when I noticed the tension that’d usually build up after sitting at my work desk all day was gone.
– On days 27 and 28, I did a 4-minute plank and already noticed that my abs were a lot stronger than they’d been at the start of the experiment. There wasn’t that much of a difference visually, but I could feel that holding my plank was a lot more effortless than before.
– I didn’t end up with a six-pack, which is a real bummer because I was kind of expecting that for some reason. But I definitely feel way stronger and healthier. Another thing that I’ve noticed is how much my posture has improved.
– What really surprised me was how much my mood and general approach to life has changed. I became way more confident and determined to not only finish the challenge but to change my life for the better as well.
– If you wanna try this experiment out for yourself, there are a few more things you need to know. First of all, don’t be afraid of variety. Doing the same thing every single day gets a bit boring after a while.
– Don’t forget about your doctor’s permission! I know the plank seems really basic, but that doesn’t mean it’s without risks. For instance, did you know that an improper plank form can lead to injuries? That’s what I’m talking about!
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: