The red garoupa, that’s usually associated with Chinese cooking (atop lazy susans) is given a culinary twist at the Beach Road Kitchen helmed by executive chef Stefano Di Salvo. Roping in European ingredients and piquant Italian herbs, this white wine red garoupa will definitely be an instant hit with seafood lovers. So yes, venture out of your comfort zone; and let this dish be proof that there’s more than a few ways to dress up a fresh catch.
White wine red garoupa: Here’s what you need
180g Red Garoupa Fillet
2 Baby Potatoes
30g Cherry Tomatoes
15g Kalamata Olives
10ml White Wine
5g Italian Parsley
5g Fresh Basil
20ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
White wine red garoupa: How to make it
1. Season the red garoupa fillet with salt and pepper and heat up a steel pan.
2. Once pan is hot, add extra virgin olive oil and place skin-side of the fillet onto the pan over a high flame.
3. Once skin is crispy, turn the fillet over and continue cooking on medium flame until internal temperature of 50°c.
4. Boil the baby potatoes in a pot of salted water, once boiled remove the skin and cut into smaller pieces. Remove the skin, deseed and halve the cherry tomatoes.
5. Bring the white wine to a boil in a pot, add in the extra virgin olive oil and stir to make an emulsion. Add in the potatoes, tomatoes and kalamata olives.
6. Plate the red garoupa fillet with white wine sauce and serve with Italian parsley and fresh basil.
More Info: buro247.sg