All of us feel anxiety and stress on the job when we are pressured to do something outside of our comfort zone — that moment when we realize that we don’t have the skills or knowledge to meet expectations. That’s stressful.
We try exercise, eating healthy, and meditation, but sometimes getting simple but helpful advice from others is the key to conquering anxiety and stress at work and achieving success.
Here are 17 brilliant quotes from those who have been there and know from experience what it takes to get through tough times and achieve really amazing things.
- “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — A.A. Milne (in Winnie-the-Pooh)
- “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” — Marcus Aurelius
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace.” — Anonymous
- “One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.” — Bertrand Russell
- “Success is a state of mind, if you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” — Dr. Joyce Brothers
- “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.” — Mandy Hale
- “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream and how you handle disappointment along the way.” — Robert Kiyosaki
- “Don’t aim for success if you want it, just do what you love and believe it will come naturally.” — Robert Frost
- “Crave the result so intensely the work is irrelevant.” — Tim Grover
- “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes…Including you.” — Anne Lamott
- “Pressure makes humans respond better to the challenges of life.” — Bishop T.D. Jakes
“Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” — Mikhail Lermontov
- “Only when we are no longer afraid, do we begin to live.” — Dorothy Thompson
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired ,and success achieved.” — Helen Keller
- “My fear is my substance and probably the best part of me.” — Franz Kafka
- “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” — Mohandas Gandhi
And, if you are still suffering from a roadblock to your success…
“A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.”
— Irish Proverb
More Info: www.inc.com