It’s the weekend. So go forth, and indulge in a piquant bowl of noodles
Sometimes, the heart just wants what it wants. Even if it takes a village to cook up the perfect bowl of Nyonya laksa. Executive chef, Nemon Liong from Rasel Catering shares his recipe, which rallies in a myriad of chillies, spices, herbs, as well as the ever so vital coconut milk. There’ll be no way of cutting corners, or ingredients for that matter; but we can tell you this — the final result will definitely be well worth the hours toiling in the kitchen. It’s time to get cracking.
Nyonya laksa: Here’s what you need
300g Minced Shallot
100g Minced Garlic
25g Chilli Paste
50g Candlenut (Blended)
150g Dried Shrimp (Blended)
10g Chilli Powder
30g Turmeric Powder
10ml Thai Fish Sauce
100ml Cooking Oil
80g Mixed and Blended Blue Ginger, Lemongrass, Ginger, Torch Ginger Flower (Bunga Kantan) (20g of each ingredient)
500ml Coconut Milk
5pcs Dried Beancurd Puff
400g Boiled Thick Rice Vermicelli
Hard Boiled Egg
Blanched Bean Sprout
Nyonya laksa: How to make it
1. Add cooking oil in a pot before adding the minced shallot, minced garlic and blended blue ginger, lemongrass, ginger, torch ginger flower mixture to be gently cooked in medium heat, until golden brown.
2. Add in belacan, candlenut, dried shrimp and chilli paste, and stir slowly in medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, sugar and fish sauce into the paste and stir slowly.
4. Prepare a new pot of boiled water and slowly stir in the mixture till boil for 10 minutes. Finally, add in coconut milk and dried beancurd puff gradually.
5. To serve, place some noodles in a bowl, ladle the gravy over, then top with your preferred amount of condiments.
More Info: www.buro247.sg