Ready to file your tax return? Nobody likes writing a big check on Tax Day but there is some good news: April 17 also means specials, freebies, and deals. After you pop your return (or your extension) in the mail, kick back and take advantage of some of the promos and specials – everything from travel deals to discounted meals and cocktails.
More and more deals will be popping up so check back (especially closer to lunch and again at happy hour on Tax Day). To help you find them quickly, new additions will be noted with (NEW).
Here’s what’s on tap so far:
FOOD AND DRINK
- Bite Squad. Tax Day is almost here! Bite Squad, the online and mobile food delivery service, is honoring the end of tax season with a tax break special. Whether hungry customers are celebrating because they’ve already filed or are still scrambling to wrap things up, Bite Squad is offering 7.5% off delivery orders on Tuesday, April 17. To take advantage of the one-day deal, customers can simply enter the promotional code “TAXDAY18” when placing an order online or on the Bite Squad app.
- BLT Restaurants. On April 17, as a special Tax Day Promotion, Tavern62 by David Burke on New York City’s Upper East Side and BLT Prime by David Burke in Washington D.C. (as well as all other domestic BLT restaurants), will be serving all alcoholic beverages at ½ off.
- Blue Point Brewing Co. Blue Point Brewing Co. is on a mission to make this Tax Day one of cheer, celebration, and relaxation – with their new Tax Day IPA (8.0% ABV). Made both strong and bitter, this brew is the perfect companion to help get you through those I-9s, W-2s, and everything in between (besides an accountant, of course). And, speaking of accountants, from April 18 through April 20, CPAs who visit the Blue Point brewery tasting room will receive a free pint of Tax Day IPA for a stress-free reward post Tax Day. Taxpayers can rejoice, too: If you can prove you paid taxes this year, Blue Point will give you a free four-pack of Tax Day IPA when you buy a four-pack.
- Bluebird Distilling. This year Tax Day falls on Tuesday, April 17th and tax season is just as accrual as usual. Take the sting out of Tax Day with Bluebird Distilling. Bluebird Distilling’s Comfortably Numb ($11) is a play on the income tax cocktail and a painkiller, boasting Bluebird’s coconut-infused Sugarcane Rum and Dark Rum. Bluebird Distilling is a craft distillery located in Phoenixville, PA, that produces small-batch whiskeys and other amazing craft spirits.
- Boston Market. On Tuesday, April 17, any guest who dines in-restaurant at Boston Market can get a $10.40 Tax Day Meal Special, which includes a Half Chicken Individual Meal with 2 sides, cornbread, a regular fountain beverage and a cookie.
- Bruegger’s Bagels. Bruegger’s Bagels brings back its annual Tax Day deal for a whole week, April 11-17, to match the extended tax filing season and lighten taxpayers’ load. Starting April 11, participating bakeries will offer Bruegger’s famous Big Bagel Bundle for just $10.40 with a downloadable coupon from the company’s website – a significant $3.50 “deduction” from the standard price.
- Chuck E Cheese. This tax season, families can enjoy a guaranteed return at Chuck E. Cheese. The Tax Day (Tue, 4/17 – Thurs, 4/19) offer: Buy any large pizza, get one large cheese pizza free. U.S. only.
- Farmer Boys. Farmer Boys, the farm-fresh burger concept with over 90 locations throughout California and Nevada, is running a Tax Day promo: On Tuesday, April 17, participating locations will be offering TWO Breakfast Burritos or TWO Bell Ringer double cheeseburgers for $10.40 (regularly one for $6.99; $5.99) all day long. There is no limit to the promotion and no coupon is required.
- Firehouse Subs. Firehouse Subs Firehouse Subs is inviting guests to stop by to receive a free medium sub when they purchase a full price medium or large sub, chips and a drink (valid Tuesday, April 17 through Thursday, April 19, 2018). Please click here for a link to the offer.
- Great American Cookie Company. Thanks to Great American Cookie Company, Tax Day will once again be pretty sweet. The national gourmet cookie shop will continue its annual Tax Day tradition by offering a free Cookies & Cream cookie to customers who stop by participating stores on April 17. Limit one per customer, while supplies last. According to the company’s Executive Vice President, David Kaiser, “Tax Day can be a bit of a bummer so our annual cookie freebie is our way of ‘sharing the fun of cookies’ and helping everyone take a delicious bite out of Tax Day stress.”
- Grill on the Alley. Make Tax Day a celebration at the renowned American steakhouse, with $10.40 martinis, a play on the standardized tax form. Known to deliver unparalleled service in a sophisticated atmosphere, The Grill on the Alley has locations in California, Illinois, Texas. and Florida.
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria. Relieve the stress of filing and reward yourself with Grimaldi’s famous coal-fired brick-oven pizza. For one day only, on April 17, take a Tax Day Break and get your hands on a Traditional Cheese pizza for only $10.40. This Grimaldi’s classic is a tasty combination of their secret recipe tomato sauce and hand-sliced mozzarella topped with Grimaldi’s signature cheese and spice blend, all baked to perfection in Grimaldi’s signature coal brick-oven. While supplies last at locations nationwide.
- The Hamilton Hotel Washington D.C. Located in the heart of D.C., The Hamilton Hotel is offering a special “$1.4 Trillion Dollar Cocktail” – a delicious respite from the steadily rising national deficit – made with “conservative” amounts of Absolut Elyx, Blood Oranges, Elderflower Liquor and Passion Fruit Juice at the hotel’s restaurant and bar, 14k Restaurant. Appropriately priced at $14, the Hamilton Hotel encourages patrons to write this boozy cocktail off and de-stress this Tax Day.
- Hardee’s. To ease the pain of Tax Day in the U.S., Hardee’s is offering customers a free Sausage Biscuit on April 17,
7-10 a.m., local time
, courtesy of its new “Tastes Like America” campaign. Each Sausage Biscuit contains a sausage patty on a freshly baked Made from Scratch Biscuit. Hardee’s famous Made from Scratch Biscuits are handmade with real buttermilk and baked fresh each morning starting at 4 a.m. Be sure to s
ay the password, “Made from scratch,” to redeem.
- Piada Italian Street Food. This year on Tax Day (April 17) Piada Italian Street Food will be giving away its giant blackberry lemonade for free at all locations (with any purchase). This day will also kick off an online preview of Piada’s upcoming Spring + Summer menu.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop. Tax Day is here and Potbelly Sandwich Shop is offering deals that will put some ease on your wallet. Customers who sign up for Potbelly Perks by downloading the Potbelly app (iPhone/Android) or online will receive a free sandwich (the free sandwich offer ends when 75,000 sandwiches have been given away). Those already enrolled in Potbelly Perks can enjoy a BOGO Sandwich that will automatically load into the app for redemption on Tax Day (April 17).
- Public School on Tap. No taxation without libation at PS On Tap! The scholastic-themed gastropub is offering a $10 beer & a shot special, in addition to offering all happy hour beers for $4. Stop in from 3:00-7:00 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday at its locations in Southern CA, NV, TX, and GA.
- Quiznos. To celebrate Tax Day, Quiznos To celebrate Tax Day, Quiznos is offering a 10.40 percent deduction off any purchase including catering, on April 17 to new or existing Toasty Points loyalty app members at all participating U.S. locations. Also, Quiznos fans who download the Toasty Points loyalty app will receive a free 4-inch sub upon download.
- Schlotsky’s. Schlotzsky’s Tax Day just got that much more appetizing because Schlotzsky’s is offering a free small original sandwich with the purchase of chips and a medium drink. This offer is only available on Tuesday, April 17 and is sure to delight the taste buds of many.
- Sonny’s BBQ. Back by popular demand, Sonny’s BBQ will offer the “IRS” – Irresistible Rib Special – on April 17. Barbecue enthusiasts can indulge in the offer all day long in any of Sonny’s BBQ’s 112 locations in the United States. The special includes half-price Sweet & Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed Rib Dinners (with two sidekicks and homemade bread). This is the fifth year in a row that Sonny’s BBQ has offered its customers a sweet deal for Tax Day. Offer valid for Dine-in and Takeout. Dinner portions only. No coupon necessary. Does not include Baby Backs or AYCE.
- The Point Restaurants. Laurel Point in Los Angeles and Wewatta Point in Denver are offering $10.40 martinis. Treat yourself on Tax Day at the nautically-inspired seafood hot spot with creative martinis like the Pink Rose (St. George gin, elderflower, pomegranate & rosemary shrub, lemon) or the Where There’s Smoke There’s Fire with (Vida mezcal, Corralejo tequila, habanero maple syrup, lime and bitter foam).
- The Wayfarer. Looking to spend that Tax Day cash? The Wayfarer, located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, is offering half off of all alcoholic beverages on April 17. So whether you’re celebrating the big bucks or need a drink more than other, try a few favorite signature cocktails, like The Gypsy (Cucumber-Infused Stoli Vodka, Strawberry-Yuzu, Chili-Salt) or The Sled Dog (Apricot-Infused Makers Mark, Fig, Orange Blossom Water). The Wayfarer will be offering the Tax Day deal from 7:00am – 11:00pm.
- W New York. W New York Downtown is offering a limited-time only cocktail menu for the week of April 16th – 21st to add some excitement to your Tax Week. The prices for some of the specialty cocktails are as followed: Uncle Sam Took All My $$ ($4 beers); Wait, It’s Tax Day – I Need an Extension ($10 cocktails); and Uncle Sam Owes Me – Let it Rain (discounted bottle service).
FAMILY, HOME & OFFICE
Office Depot and OfficeMax. Purge the paper, clear the clutter and protect privacy, with free shredding services at all Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores, March 18 – April 28. Customers can bring in up to five pounds of documents to shred free of charge and redeem the offer in-store by printing a coupon, available here or by showing the online coupon to a retail store associate via their mobile device.
- Zeel. Zeel, the original massage delivery app, is offering customers $20 off a first in-home massage with code TAXDAY2018. It’s the perfect way to relax after filing!
Please note that these specials are based on information passed along from companies and their representatives, as well as social media. While I’ve made every effort to make sure that they’re accurate, I haven’t been to each location and/or company so I can’t personally vouch for them. Remember, too, that many of these companies are franchises and may have different promotions or may not participate at all. Be sure to read the fine print. If you have questions about an offer, reach out to the company directly.
Some companies may require a coupon or a “like” on Facebook. If you are not sure, then err on the side of checking out websites (I’ve included links to the companies where possible).
More Info: www.forbes.com
Categories: Money Matters