Community Day is just around the corner and with the release of the final wave of Gen III Pokemon, we have a lot to be excited about! Not only do we get Dratini Dragon as the event spawn, but with 3 hour lures and 3x Stardust per catch, we are all looking forward to the 24th! As of writing, the exclusive move for Dratini is still not announced.
The second Community Day will take place on February 24th 2018 (the last Saturday in February) and it follows the previously established time slots:
- The Asia-Pacific region: from 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. JST (GMT +9)
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PST (GMT -8)
In addition to the general Community day guide shared below, be sure to bring this Stardust catch chart with you (credits harvester89):
We recommend that you prepare for the event by stocking up on the following items to take full advantage of the event and make progress on your Dragon Tamer badges! Also make sure to check your local Weather Forecast for the 24th, Dragon type Pokemon are boosted during Windy weather!
- Poke Balls – The worst case scenario is that you are out catching and suddenly you run out of balls. Make sure you stock up on Poke, Great and Ultra balls before the 24th to ensure you can spend the time catching!
- Lures – Increase the amount of spawns in your local parks by setting these up at all of the stops you plan to hunt at.
- Pinap Berries – With a chance of catching one of the rarest and most sought after Pokemon in the game, why not get double the amount of candies you’re getting while you’re at it!
- Incense – In case the increased spawns aren’t enough for you, make sure to use your Incense to boost your chances of finding Dratini and other rare newly released Gen III Pokémon!
- Star Piece – Why settle for 3x Stardust per catch when you can get even more! Make sure you have plenty of these in your inventory when the time comes!
- Pokémon Go Plus – Make sure you are using these if you have them; it will help you catch a bit faster and help track your steps more accurately for egg hatching while you’re out hunting!
We recommend using the following strategy for the event:
- Get to your favorite local catching spots early.
- Ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration (Lures will last for three hours.)
- Catch everything you see! Make sure that you use your Pinap Berries for those priority catches like Dratini!
- Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting.
- Make sure that you keep your Star Pieces active the entire duration to maximize your Stardust!
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community.
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while.
- Most importantly, have fun!
When Niantic announced Community Day #2, they shared an info graphic that depicted which team caught the most Pokémon during the previous Community Day.
Mystic came out on top with the most catches then, but will they be able to maintain their bragging rights? Instinct and Valor teams, now is the time to pull out all the stops to show the world that you want to be the very best!
More Info: pokemongohub.net