Seeing AI is an iOS app that tells the blind what’s around them
Designed for the visually impaired, the app uses AI and the camera on the iPhone to perform a number of useful functions. It can:
- Narrate text as soon as it appears in front of the camera.
- Read documents and offer audio guidance to capture a printed page. It can also recognize formatting (e.g., headers, paragraphs, lists), so users can skim through documents quickly via voiceover.
- Scan barcodes, after guiding the user to place the barcode in the frame. If available, it will also read out package information.
- Save people’s faces and provide a description of their visual appearance, such as their gender, facial expression, and other identifying characteristics.
- Describe scenes (this is tagged as an early preview).
- Read currency (coming soon).
- Recognize images in other apps: tap “Share” and “Recognize with Seeing AI”.
There are more demo videos here, so check them out.
More Info: www.hardwarezone.com.sg